Manganese is an essential mineral but in high doses may become toxic. It is found in fruits such as pineapple, nuts and whole-wheat grains. It is also found in drinking water.
Why take a manganese supplement?
- Manganese contributes to energy yielding metabolism. Manganese is needed for activating enzymes that metabolise carbohydrates, cholesterol and amino acids. Pyruvate carboxylase a manganese dependent enzyme, is needed for gluconeogenesis (production of energy in absence of carbohydrates).
- Manganese contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. Manganese is a cofactor in the enzymes glycosyltransferases which are needed to form healthy bone and cartilage.
- Manganese contributes to the normal formation of connective tissue. Manganese deficiencies can result in abnormal cartilage formation.
- Manganese contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Manganese forms a part of many enzymes. One of these is manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), the main antioxidant enzyme in the mitochondria produced when mitochondria make molecules of ATP (energy); it allows the conversion of superoxide free radicals to water.
Ten drops contains: 0.2 mg Manganese
Ingredients: Purified water, Manganese Chloride.
- Orders that are in stock are dispatched daily at 2pm Monday – Friday.
- Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same day.
- Orders placed after 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the next working day.
- As such, orders placed after 2pm Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders will not be dispatched on Bank Holidays or weekends.
For Standard Domestic Orders: We use Royal Mail’s Tracked 48hr delivery service as standard. Royal Mail state a delivery guideline of 1-2 working days for this service, however during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. If your order has not arrived after 2 working days from the date of dispatch please contact us. We have tracking numbers for this service and will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited Domestic Orders (Next-Day Delivery): Provided that we have received your order by 2pm, we will process and dispatch your order the same day using Royal Mail’s Tracked 24hr delivery service. This service aims to deliver your parcel within 24hrs of the dispatch time – in some instances this may not be possible and delivery may fall within a 48hr period. If you have not received your order after 1 day from the dispatch date please contact us. This is a tracked and insured service and we will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Standard International Orders: We use Royal Mail International Track (+ Sign), dependent on what the destination country accepts. Royal Mail state a 3-5 working day delivery guideline for this service within Europe, and a 5-7 working day guideline worldwide. However, we have found this is rarely the case outside of major cities, especially during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. This is a tracked and insured service, please contact us if you have not received your delivery within the above stated time-frames and we will assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited International Orders: We are able to offer expedited international shipping worldwide respected couriers. We can use DHL or another courier of your choice, but we are likely to get the best deal from DHL. Please feel free to use the 'Contact Us' form to ask for a DHL quote for your order.
We are able to offer expedited delivery worldwide using various couriers; this is something that we will examine on a case-by-case basis. Please email us and we will investigate your delivery options and let you know what is possible.
If you have selected a shipping method that does not include tracking/insurance then you accept and agree that in the instance that the parcel is lost or delayed, you will not be entitled to a refund or a replacement product, as we will be unable to make a claim for the loss.
We retain proof of postage at all times and reserve the right to use a different shipping method than you have selected in order to give your order added security in certain circumstances (e.g. for extremely high value orders we may upgrade to Courier delivery). In the majority of situations we will respect the customers chosen shipping method. We retain proof of postage for 180 days. After this time it may not be possible to retrieve your proof of postage.