EnergyNeeds® is a nutritional supplement containing 40 active ingredients of vitamins, minerals, and activated cofactors used to optimize the nutritional status of people with conditions associated with mitochondrial dysfunction, including fatigue (mental and physical), pain, gastrointestinal symptoms, anxiety, and depression. These conditions overlap with aging, and mitochondrial dysfunction is indeed a major contribution to aging. The product stimulates specific biological pathways in order to promote health.*
Ingredients: There are 40 active ingredients in EnergyNeeds®, all of which are natural nutritional supplements including vitamins, minerals, and activated cofactors. There are no ingredients at or near dosages considered to be toxic. Non-active ingredients in EnergyNeeds® include the all-natural ingredients of rice flour, magnesium stearate, and silica. Hypromellose in the capsule itself is a semisynthetic polymer used in many oral medicaments, which serves as a vegan substitute to animal gelatin. EnergyNeeds® is fully vegan except that vitamin D is extracted from sheep wool. This product is also free of gluten, casein/milk, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, egg, fish, and shellfish.
Intended Population: EnergyNeeds® is designed primarily to facilitate cellular energy metabolism. This product can be used by all individuals regardless of age, gender, presence or type of mitochondrial dysfunction/disease, common comorbidities, severity of disease, DNA sequence information, medications, or other supplements taken.
EnergyNeeds® can be taken by all individuals who desire:
- A baseline product meeting the core nutritional needs of most such people.
- Very-high dosing of key nutrients (e.g. vitamin D, vitamin B12, zinc, beta-carotene) to promote optimized health and immunity.
- A high-level mitochondrial cocktail, providing additional nutritional support to boost mitochondrial function (increase energy production), and to de-toxify abnormally-metabolizing mitochondria.
- To provide all of this in a single product* and thereby reducing the costs, time, hassles, and side effects of taking multiple different supplement products.
EnergyNeeds® is in particular tailored to individuals with any condition associated with mitochondrial dysfunction (energy metabolism), including:
- Functional disorders, including chronic fatigue, migraine, chronic pain of any type, irritable bowel and other conditions of GI dysmotility, POTS, frequent urination, and/or dysautonomia.
- Neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism and autism-like conditions, ADHD, epilepsy, and/or non-epileptic “spells”. While SpectrumNeeds® is marketed primarily for neurodevelopmental disorders, EnergyNeeds® is similar and can be substituted in most settings. Especially, consider EnergyNeeds® in the following situations:
- Powder is not palatable or convenient, and a capsule form is preferred.
- Rare individuals with side effects to high dosing of methylated B vitamins.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders, including anxiety, depression, bipolar, panic, and/or OCD.
- Aging, which is the most-common of all conditions related to mitochondrial dysfunction.
EnergyNeeds® is labelled primarily for adults, but this does not mean that the product is not also intended and appropriate for children and adolescents. Conversely, SpectrumNeeds® is labelled primarily for children, but this does not mean that the product is not also intended and appropriate for adults.
Adults and adolescents over 133 lbs (60 kg): 5 capsules twice daily. This is 10 capsules a day.
Smaller/younger individuals can take this product as well:
- Children and adolescents 88-132 lbs (40-60 kg): 4 capsules twice daily.
- Children 44-88 lbs (20-40 kg): 3 capsules twice daily.
- Children under 44 lbs (20kg): Consult your physican.
- Suggestion: One capsule for every 22 lbs (10kg) of body weight, twice daily.
Best if taken with food. Capsules can be opened and added to any food or beverage. It is recommended to give less product in the first few days, in order to reduce the possibility of nausea. Taking with a meal can also help.
As is always the case with any dietary/nutritional supplement, it is recommended to take EnergyNeeds® with the knowledge and approval of your health care provider/physician. EnergyNeeds® is not designed to be a medical treatment for any condition, but to provide excellent nutritional support for a wide variety of conditions often associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Ideally, this nutritional support would be part of a comprehensive management plan under a physician’s care, along with appropriate diet.
Reducing the number of supplements: EnergyNeeds® is designed to be safe when used in addition to the supplements that you are already on. However, it may be possible and/or advisable to discontinue or lower the dose of one or more current supplements that you are taking; ask your healthcare provider.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Link to manufacturer's website - https://www.neuroneeds.com/product/energyneeds/
- Orders that are in stock are dispatched daily at 2pm Monday – Friday.
- Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same day.
- Orders placed after 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the next working day.
- As such, orders placed after 2pm Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders will not be dispatched on Bank Holidays or weekends.
For Standard Domestic Orders: We use Royal Mail’s Tracked 48hr delivery service as standard. Royal Mail state a delivery guideline of 1-2 working days for this service, however during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. If your order has not arrived after 2 working days from the date of dispatch please contact us. We have tracking numbers for this service and will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited Domestic Orders (Next-Day Delivery): Provided that we have received your order by 2pm, we will process and dispatch your order the same day using Royal Mail’s Tracked 24hr delivery service. This service aims to deliver your parcel within 24hrs of the dispatch time – in some instances this may not be possible and delivery may fall within a 48hr period. If you have not received your order after 1 day from the dispatch date please contact us. This is a tracked and insured service and we will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Standard International Orders: We use Royal Mail International Track (+ Sign), dependent on what the destination country accepts. Royal Mail state a 3-5 working day delivery guideline for this service within Europe, and a 5-7 working day guideline worldwide. However, we have found this is rarely the case outside of major cities, especially during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. This is a tracked and insured service, please contact us if you have not received your delivery within the above stated time-frames and we will assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited International Orders: We are able to offer expedited international shipping worldwide respected couriers. We can use DHL or another courier of your choice, but we are likely to get the best deal from DHL. Please feel free to use the 'Contact Us' form to ask for a DHL quote for your order.
We are able to offer expedited delivery worldwide using various couriers; this is something that we will examine on a case-by-case basis. Please email us and we will investigate your delivery options and let you know what is possible.
If you have selected a shipping method that does not include tracking/insurance then you accept and agree that in the instance that the parcel is lost or delayed, you will not be entitled to a refund or a replacement product, as we will be unable to make a claim for the loss.
We retain proof of postage at all times and reserve the right to use a different shipping method than you have selected in order to give your order added security in certain circumstances (e.g. for extremely high value orders we may upgrade to Courier delivery). In the majority of situations we will respect the customers chosen shipping method. We retain proof of postage for 180 days. After this time it may not be possible to retrieve your proof of postage.