Spectrum Complete™ II also offers an alternative to Kirkman's Super Nu-Thera® product line that contains higher dosages of vitamin B-6. Some children do not respond to the high B-6 or to Super Nu-Thera®, in general, but those individuals still need a very comprehensive, high quality supplement. Spectrum Complete™ fills that role with nutrients in highly absorbable forms. Those parents who want to use Spectrum Complete™ and who also want higher B-6 levels can supplement with additional B-6 or pyridoxal 5-phosphate.
Summarizing the above discussion, Spectrum Complete™ II should find valuable application in the following situations:
- Parents new to supplementation who want to start with one comprehensive product.
- Compliance situations where parents find it very difficult to get multiple supplements into their children.
- When parents are awaiting laboratory and/or physician's reports to guide them in setting up a supplement
- When high vitamin B-6 products such as Super Nu-Thera® are not effective.
- As a comprehensive foundation to supplementation, to which other products can be added per testing results
- or a doctor's instructions.
- As an alternative to less complete products being offered by other supplement companies.
What are the unique properties of Spectrum Complete™ II and what are the ingredients that make it so comprehensive?
Spectrum Complete™ contains all of the B-vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals children require. Other specialty nutrients are also present. Some of the unique potencies, ingredients and properties of Spectrum Complete™ are:
- A full spectrum of immune supporting ingredients, including vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, selenium, coenzyme Q10, and beta glucan.
- Pro-vitamin A from mixed carotenoids, as well as the regular standard form, vitamin A acetate. These mixed carotenoids consist of beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, which are powerful antioxidants and free radical scavengers. It is important to also include a substantial amount of non-carotenoid vitamin A, such as the acetate.
- In addition to beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, the powerful antioxidants coenzyme Q10 and grapeseed extract are present.
- Choline, which is essential in the manufacture of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Inositol, taurine and glycine, which are required for liver support. Inositol is also necessary for proper nerve, brain, and muscle function.
- Taurine and glycine help maintain the neurotransmitters in the brain and produce a calming effect on the body.
- Glycine is needed by the body to stimulate glutathione production.
- Molybdenum, which is important in sulfur metabolism and may help support the PST system. Molybdenum may also be important in supporting healthy copper levels.
- Selenium, which is included for its immune supporting properties
- Chromium picolinate, which is included as a chromium source.
- DMAE, which is included to aid in focusing.
- Higher vitamin B-12 potencies are present. Since vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble nutrient that does not accumulate to toxic levels in the body, Kirkman® feels this higher level of B-12 is warranted.
Will I need to use any other supplements with Spectrum Complete™ II ?
This depends on your child, your child's diet, and the nutritional regimen agreed upon with your child's physician. Individuals on a casein free diet will require extra calcium to bring daily intakes up to 800-1000 mg. daily.
Kirkman® does not include any herbal components in Spectrum Complete™ II. Though some herbs do have a place in supplementation, clinical studies are incomplete. Additionally, since herbs are natural products grown in varying environmental conditions, the potential for certain individuals to be sensitive to a given herb is too great, in our opinion. We feel herbs should be supplemented on an individual basis.
How much should I take/give?
We recommend the following:
Children 20-25 lbs 1/2 teaspoon daily
Children 26-60 pounds 1 teaspoon daily
Children 61-75 pounds 1 1/2 teaspoons daily
Children 76-120 pounds 2 teaspoons daily
Larger children and adults 2 1/2-3 teaspoons daily
Casein, gluten, soy, milk, wheat, artificial colorings, artificial flavorings, gelatin, yeast, fish, tree nuts or peanuts.
STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE AND TIGHTLY CAPPED.KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OFCHILDREN.
- Orders that are in stock are dispatched daily at 2pm Monday – Friday.
- Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same day.
- Orders placed after 2pm Monday to Friday will be dispatched the next working day.
- As such, orders placed after 2pm Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders will not be dispatched on Bank Holidays or weekends.
For Standard Domestic Orders: We use Royal Mail’s Tracked 48hr delivery service as standard. Royal Mail state a delivery guideline of 1-2 working days for this service, however during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. If your order has not arrived after 2 working days from the date of dispatch please contact us. We have tracking numbers for this service and will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited Domestic Orders (Next-Day Delivery): Provided that we have received your order by 2pm, we will process and dispatch your order the same day using Royal Mail’s Tracked 24hr delivery service. This service aims to deliver your parcel within 24hrs of the dispatch time – in some instances this may not be possible and delivery may fall within a 48hr period. If you have not received your order after 1 day from the dispatch date please contact us. This is a tracked and insured service and we will be able to assist you in locating your order.
For Standard International Orders: We use Royal Mail International Track (+ Sign), dependent on what the destination country accepts. Royal Mail state a 3-5 working day delivery guideline for this service within Europe, and a 5-7 working day guideline worldwide. However, we have found this is rarely the case outside of major cities, especially during busier periods (such as Christmas) this may not always be possible. This is a tracked and insured service, please contact us if you have not received your delivery within the above stated time-frames and we will assist you in locating your order.
For Expedited International Orders: We are able to offer expedited international shipping worldwide respected couriers. We can use DHL or another courier of your choice, but we are likely to get the best deal from DHL. Please feel free to use the 'Contact Us' form to ask for a DHL quote for your order.
We are able to offer expedited delivery worldwide using various couriers; this is something that we will examine on a case-by-case basis. Please email us and we will investigate your delivery options and let you know what is possible.
If you have selected a shipping method that does not include tracking/insurance then you accept and agree that in the instance that the parcel is lost or delayed, you will not be entitled to a refund or a replacement product, as we will be unable to make a claim for the loss.
We retain proof of postage at all times and reserve the right to use a different shipping method than you have selected in order to give your order added security in certain circumstances (e.g. for extremely high value orders we may upgrade to Courier delivery). In the majority of situations we will respect the customers chosen shipping method. We retain proof of postage for 180 days. After this time it may not be possible to retrieve your proof of postage.